Tuesday, December 14, 2004

FRAG Order

I've been a pretty unproductive member of the blogosphere lately; oh, wait - there's no clock to punch, is there?

Still, I do apologize to anyone who's stopped by and seen nothing in the window. We are preparing to receive uncles, aunts, nephews, and nieces and things are definitely all ahoo on the decks. The downstairs remodel went o.k. except that our choice of flooring makes finding a reasonable area rug a quest that makes the Holy Grail look like something you pick up at WalMart. I organized so well I managed to ship off my wife's heirloom Gund teddy bear to a local thrift store.

She still loves me. I am the luckiest guy in the world.

Anyway, sometime in the middle of January we may help a friend move his family to Florida by caravaning one of his cars to West Palm Beach. This is all tentative for now but I'm not employed and the wife has two weeks of vacation saved up, so why the hell not, anyway? I've driven the country North to South twice and West to East once. We only have to pay for one ticket back if we go.

It'd be kind of nice to boogieboard Ft. Lauderdale in January. It would sure beat shovelling snow in Happy Valley, ya think?

The preliminary map scout favors a southerly run. Moab, Santa Fe, Amarillo, Dallas, Jackson, Baton Rouge, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, then south to WPB. Yahoo's original suggested route was a great circle course across the great plains. No thanks - not in January. 2594 miles, and we only pick up a hundred miles going the southerly route. And what's a hundred miles when you cross a continent, when you get right down to it?

Now I have to find out what the concealed carry laws are for all those states.

I wonder how they'd feel about a ring mount on a Geo Metro?

No comments: