Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why I Blog

Mainly, because I find essays like this:

"I encounter an enormous and growing number of people who have no frame of reference to the whole world, and everybody and everything in it, except that which they learned from watching entertainment. But unlike the elderly I mentioned, they are not using the TV to remind them of a world they have already participated in. They are deriving their reality from the flickering screen. Every single thing they say or do is filtered almost entirely through the lens of movies, teleplays, and magazines -paper or virtual- things that use reality as a veneer, if that, and simply to lend verisimilitude to wholly fictitious inventions."

... and am able to pass them on.

Well, I would, if I had any traffic.

RTWT.

(via American Digest)

No comments: