Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lassitude of Necessity

I am taking four consecutive days off from the Great Work. The paving is done for the year, the contractor is tying up loose ends and we have taken care of the client's marketing - related monumentation and story-poling.

This is not a planned event. Even though there is a cannon party scheduled for this weekend I have no clue as to how many of the Californios will be able to make it in light of the fires near the coast. It's too cold to go gold panning up above American Fork (see pages 20-22) and I just don't have it in me to spend the time around the house.

I need to get out. Do something a little different than I have been doing... for the last three years. Mom and the Goddesses all agree on this point. So...

There are some cool things happening around the central Utah area, though:

1. The Wasatch Gem Society rock show is going on up at the State Fair Park in Salt Lake.

2. UDOT is replacing the bridge spanning I-215 East at 4500 South using some truly bleeding edge technology .

3. And there's always Lee Kay, where I intend to spend a fair chunk of tomorrow beginning at nine a.m. sharp.

I might just stop by there this afternoon on my way to the gem show. There is no plan.

Since I don't update but once every other geologic epoch, any readers who stumble in here will most certainly see this post as history. However, anyone interested in rec shooting or even informal instruction in the central Utah area is welcome to contact me at tmjutah@hotmail.com.

I need to broaden my horizons beyond work and chores. I've been smoke free for almost two months. I go to bed before ten most nights. I've uninstalled all the computer games from my pc. The swamp cooler is winterized, I'm half way through refinishing the stock on my K31 and hope it works out even half as well as did my effort with Ludmilla, the now - blond Mosin.

One thing I'm NOT going to invest in politics, either as a participant or activist, for the foreseeable future. I hope that Chris Cannon fails of reelection, and that Hatch and Bennett apologize for there failures to perform and resign their offices... none of which will probably happen.

Don't even get me started on national politics. If the Democrats weren't so damned dangerous their mendacity, incompetence and lunacy could only manifest as a sitcom, maybe tucked in between Sci-Fi Channel's other sterling Friday night offerings.

Color me Romney for now, as far as choices between the Republicans go. But don't think I'm overjoyed about any of them.

Y'all have a great weekend. There may be pictures come Tuesday, after I get back.

No comments: