Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just A Lazy Sunday

Howdy. These things happened last week:

1. I billed sixty two hours. I worked a few more than that. I actually wore shirt sleeves part of two days, too. No thermal under wear those two days, either.

We had our first top - out section on Saturday. My project was a muddy hole in November. Now it's got several hundred thousand tons of steel and concrete where some of the mud used to be. There will be millions before we are through.

2. My government told me that I was a fool to have gone forty seven years paying my bills and debts, and living within my means.

3. Barak Obama and his crew undershot my low expectations for their first month in office. Low by a considerable margin, in fact. I expected nefarious. The incompetence is actually more disturbing.

4. The AG told me I live in a nation of cowards. If you were an honest man, you might take a look about you and accept that the only three institutions in the country that give a damn what color you are are Government, Education, and the NAACP.

My nation is many things, but cowardly is not even on the list. Most of the weak or reprehensible qualities that have come to the fore in recent years are by the design of people just like you, Mr. AG. You think that people must be driven, not lead. You may think of it as baby sitting, even.

5. I observed that patriots actually protesting the destruction of our economy is akin to watching the Osmonds trying to cover Linkin Park. Not a machine made sign nor a paper mache head in sight.

But no masks. I don't think any Starbucks or MacDonald's got their windows kicked in, either.

Well, it's a start.

(Link via Instapundit)

6. I picked up a 1944 manufacture Tula 91/30 retired PU. Just another cheap, reliable bolt in .30 caliber. The barrel contour appears to be subtly different than all my other Mosins of that model; perhaps a tad heavier. The rifling is sharp and clear and the trigger is very crisp even if Mosin-typical heavy. I also picked up a 440 round can of Soviet manufacture light ball a few days later. Both these purchases were at Gunnies in Orem.

They give me a frequent buyer discount now, at least on firearms.



And here it is almost eight o'clock, and I'm looking to be in bed in an hour or so.

I Hope your life is roses and laughter with a healthy dose of spring just around the corner.

No comments: