Sunday, June 07, 2009

Who Knew?

Lincoln was right:

" As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

In other news:

"The bond market is calling the Federal Reserve out," said Mike Larson, a real estate analyst at Weiss Research Inc. in Jupiter, Fla. "Investors are saying that the Fed can't just print money out of thin air to finance a massive deficit."

I've read history my whole life. Which means that empires' ends are kind of a known quantity.

I never expected to watch it happen from my living room.

Bonus (via neoneocon)

In the week just passed I ran into two former coworkers, a boss from a decade ago, a couple I met through AA back in 2000 or so, and the couple that ran the day care our daughters went to beginning in 1992. All totally random. And all asking "what's next??" somewhere in the conversation.

Wish I knew.

No comments: