Sunday, April 11, 2010

Correspondence

To whom it may concern -

Today marks the last time I open a newspaper that I asked to be delivered to my doorstep only to be insulted. And then insulted again.

Our subscription is in the name (of my wife). Cancel it. We will be calling on Monday during business hours to confirm this change.

I used to open up those random copies of City Weekly I found blowing through the streets of Salt Lake just to read the breathless, trapped behind the lines editorials in the front of their cage liner. The casual hate and self righteousness was always good, too.

Your paper makes the vaporing of those overgrown dorm room communists look like journalism.

I'll have to go back to using junk mail circulars for fireplace tinder and drop cloths for painting/hobby projects. The average intelligence of individuals and grasp of current events by the occupants of this house will be vastly improved by the absence of your product from our home.

Sincerely,

A.R. Jones
Orem, Utah

(Edited slightly)

*UPDATE*

"This message is a confirmation that we have received your transaction request. Your request will be completed within two days. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you.

Customer Service Department
Newspaper Agency Company"

No comments: