Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Rum Punch And Pink Gin For All Hands...

...or two warm beers per man.

The United States Marine Corps celebrates 229 years of being there first today.

I am honored and grateful to have served my time in the Corps. I spent a considerable portion of my tour with Bravo Battery, 1st Battalion, 11th Marines, 1st Marine Division, to include two WesPac deployments. We were the Beastmasters, and operated best on San Miguel beer in a driving rain;or maybe it was warm Bud in the Mojave in August? Time fills...

In eight years I managed to see most of the world worth seeing (and quite a few places not worth seeing at all) and even learned a thing or two about being an American while I was at it.

I will never serve with a finer group of men and women again.

Special thanks to SDI GySgt Westenberger, DI Sgt Presas, DI Sgt Roberts, DI Cpl De La Rosa,Top Niskala, GySgt Kelley, GySgt Seright,GySgt Nurse, MGyst Pierson, SgtMaj Campbell, Gunner Trexler, Lt McKinney, Capt Voneida, Maj Lennnnnny Supko (later Colonel in charge of 12th Marines, and I pray he stayed around long enough to run a Division)...and more names pop up the longer I sit here...

Rincon, Knobjob, Langlois, Lee (Don't fucking call me WENDELL), Westy, Big House, Glassman, Doc Holiday, DK, Stewbo, Att, Big Bird, Gopher, Sweetness, Sugar Time, Rammer, Tonee (aka T, buddyro...), Baltimore, Haggard, Vork, Smooth Sam, Tex (there's always one), Paz, Hayseed, Churo, Lute, OddJob, Wicketman, Pinche'P, AaaaaHern, Gardella...

The Professor hopes you are well wherever you are.

Semper Fi, gents.

1 comment:

Jamie Irons said...

TMJUTAHRincon, Knobjob, Langlois, Lee (Don't fucking call me WENDELL), Westy, Big House, Glassman, Doc Holiday, DK, Stewbo, Att, Big Bird, Gopher, Sweetness, Sugar Time, Rammer, Tonee (aka T, buddyro...), Baltimore, Haggard, Vork, Smooth Sam, Tex (there's always one), Paz, Hayseed, Churo, Lute, OddJob, Wicketman, Pinche'P, AaaaaHern, Gardella... Such poetry in a "mere" list of names!

Jamie Irons