Monday, June 23, 2008

Speak It, Brother!

I have no clue who Spengler is, but I've read and been impressed by his stuff for years:

"A religious leader must say, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," while a head of state must follow the maxim, "Do unto others before they do unto you." What divides the president and the pope is not so much their conflicting positions, but rather a difference in the existential vantage point from which each must respond to the great events of the world."

A very intriguing article on Bush, the Pope, and just how and why they have taken the paths they did. Well worth a read.



On a personal note, here at the Team HQ I've had some possibly unpleasant news of the medical kind. We were scheduled to do a runaway weekend to Maryland to hang with the in laws but I have to be at the hospital at 0830 Thursday for an unpleasant test that requires anesthesia. I have been assured they will fold in the mirrors before they park the bus, but even then the prospect of sitting in an airline seat for four hours later that day is a little daunting. Mrs. Tmj may be traveling alone after bringing me home.

I never turn down a prayer. Thanks.

No comments: